Friday, July 30, 2010

MIA - But I've still been baking!!!!!!

Well its been 3 weeks since my last post but by god it has been the most trying time I have ever had.  So I am going to vent, spill and in short get over it...although I don't think this post is going to be very short.

Just as we thought we were finally settling down and getting used to life in Perth, we get a call from a company, offering Markus a FIFO position, we never applied, it was through recommendation because his brother worked there.  And that's where it all began.  We got excited, we knew it was pending his interview and medical, but we were pretty sure he would get it.  My nights were spent debating whether this was the right thing to do, especially since he had got into uni and was so keen on going.  Finally we decided that it was too good an opportunity to give up and we decided that 12 months was as long as he would do it for and then we would reassess.  After all the stress of this crazy upheaval, he failed his medical, his back, they said would not hold up to the strain of the work and because it was a remote area they were not willing to take a chance.

This was not all though, my job was a nightmare, I cried nearly every night for a long time and decided I was going to leave.  And I have, 2 weeks and I will be out of here, back in the city where I'm meant to be.

So that's me, that's where I've been, I am in a much better place now, I guess what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.  I am determined to make this work, I am determined to get my life back and I am determined to stop the pity party.  Right here and now I take control and right here and now I take charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment