Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vegan Viloet Crumble *Drool*

I stole this recipe from another blog and I thought if I can pull this off I would be nothing less than awesome.  I did, I pulled it off and I made honeycomb from scratch...how truly awesome!!!!!!  This is the easiest thing ever and to be honest the most fun I have had in a long long time!!!!

I am singing the song *try it, you just might like it* in my head as I type this up...such a joyful recipe!!!!

Ingredients:

1 cup water
2 cups caster sugar
1 tbs liquid glucose
2 tsp bi-carb soda
Melted chocolate

Method:

In a saucepan (make sure it is large and deep) combine the water and the sugar

Stir on low heat till all the sugar is dissolved and you have a clear liquid

Turn up the heat slightly and allow the liquid to boil (do not stir at all)

When the liquid turns golden turn off the heat

add the bi-carb and stir vigorously till all is dissolved.
* Warning: the caramel will now rise quite a bit and bubble up, be very careful that you don't get burnt.

Once mixed in pour into a tray that has been lined with baking paper and allow to cool.

Once cool and hard break into pieces, any size you like

Cover in Melted chocolate and allow to cool and then EAT EAT EAT!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are my hero! I know what I'm making this weekend. Thanks Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Jo, believe me when I say it is an exciting recipe, this weekend I will be coating my honeycomb with chocolate, I ran out last week after I made the tart!!!

    ReplyDelete