Friday, May 28, 2010

Breakfast Superfoods!!!!

Breakfast will have to be my favourite meal of the day, I look forward to it crave it and cannot understand people who skip it.  I used to traditionally be an eggs on toast with a side of baked beans girl.  I loved it, high in protien and would keep you full for hours, Oh and not forgetting a beautiful, freshly brewed coffee...aahhhhh. 

However...I think I might have stumbled on a Breakfast Superfood, well I like to call it that anyway.  I have tested it on a few people and I have always, always been asked for the recipe.  It is my Blueberry Muesli.  I can assure you it is delicious, high in antioxidants, high in fibre and no artifical sugars, this is as healthy as you can get.

So here it is, try it and tell me what you think, also adjust your quantities as you please, there is no going wrong with this one:

Ingredients:


2 Cups rolled oats (not the quick oats)
1 Cup unsweetened, natual Apple Juice
Frozen Blueberries (I find frozen is much better than the "fresh")
1 granny smith apple (shreded)
Pepitas and Sunflower Mix
flaked Almonds
Soy Milk or Soy Yogurt
 
Method:
 
Put all of the above ingredients into a bowl (except the Soy Milk/yogurt), and refridgerate over night.
 
Serve with the milk/ yogurt and to sweeten, which I definately like to do, Maple Syrup.  A bit of warning with Maple Syrup, you have to find the actual Maple Syrup, which is a bit on the expensive side and not the Maple "flavoured" syrups.  These are full of sugar and artifical sweeteners.
 
You can do variations, swap with other fruit, berries, nuts, add sultanas etc
 

No comments:

Post a Comment