Thursday, June 10, 2010

Biscuits for all!!!!!

I made the most delicious little cookies to take on my trip to the Pinnacles on Sunday, everyone loved them even swaping (normal) chocolate chicp cookies with Markus for my vegan jam drops.  They were so easy and quick and you only need one lot of cookie dough to make both cookies. 

Things to remember when making these little gems, the cinnamon in the recipe is optional...but when used it takes the cookies to a whole other level of deliciousness.  In the chocolate chip cookies I used a mixture of lindt 70% and Sweet Williams, I then did another batch with just the Sweet Williams...use both, the bitterness of the dark chocolate and the sweetness of the dough makes for awesome cookies.  Lastly, when baking think about your oven, keep checking and the softer they are the better. 

So here it is, I just doubled the quantities, divided and added the chocolate chips to one part.  For the Jam drops make into little balls, indent them with the back of your wooden sppon to make little holes and fill with the best jam you can find, I used strawberry jam. 

Ingredients

2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp.salt
cinnamon to taste (optional)
vegan chocolate chips
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil (I used olive oil and it was fine)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water

Directions:
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.  
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon (if you choose). Add chips. Make a well in the center and set aside.
In a medium size bowl mix vegan sugar and oil. Mix it well.
Add the vanilla and then add the water.
Add the wet to the well in the dry.
Mix it well but be careful not to overwork it.
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Put them in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes and then flip and rotate the sheets.(top to bottom,and 180 degree rotation) Bake another 4 minutes and check them.

TADDDDAAAAAA:


I also made these wraps for lunch, just some mock chicken, fried with onions and Garlic, with your favourite Italian sauce, I added some baby cos, tomatoes that I oven roasted with Balsamic and olive oil and Jalepenos for me, not for Markus.  Was superb, had it with some roast veg couscous.







No comments:

Post a Comment