Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cooking with Lynda Stoner

Well I have Jo to thank for this, almost a week now of a completely vegan diet and I was starting to get really upset.  The only recipes I found were from American cookbooks and the vegan websites I was looking at were not appealing at all.  After a few failed dinners, esp this stirfry, I was re-thinking the whole thing:


Until...Jo came to my rescue...she introduced me to Lynda Stoner's, Now Vegan.  If you have ever read Alicia Silverstone, The Kind Diet, well, this is the Australian version with a couple of differences.  The most important one, Alicia uses alot more processed mock meats than I like in my diet.  Her ingredients were also hard to come by here in Oz.   Lynda on the other hand, uses fresh ingredients, beautiful meals and the book is sectioned off into Starters, mains and desserts.  So I can cook a glorious 3 course meal using this book as opposed to going from book to website to...literally going mad.

Now the reason I was looking for something in the first place was because I am off on a road trip on Sunday to the Pinnacles and for the life of me could not work out what I would take for the picnic lunch.  The last time we went on a picnic I took mini chocolate and zucchini muffins, egg sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches.  It was delicious, this time I had no idea...until now. 

So if you are looking for an Australian book, where you don't have to decipher ingredients, fresh food and vegan versions of traditional food, I highly, highly recommend Lynda Stoner. It currently reatils at Dymocks for $35, but if you are not in a hurry for it, try the Book Depository, free postage from the UK at $23. 

Happy cooking!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment