Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dinner for Two...and some lunch!!!

I have to admit I am still getting a hang of this whole vegan thing.  Not that its my first attempt, I had a very successful 3 weeks in December last year, but that was in Melbourne, where food was readily available and I was not made to feel like I was a fussy princess...but that's a whole new post!!!!

Anyway, after a very hungry day...obviously not planned properly, I went home thinking I was going to cook a sumptuous meal: Alicia Silverstone's Rustic Pasta and a borrowed recipe from "Come Dine with Me" Indonesian Tempeh.  Sounds odd that I would combine the two doesn't it, but the pasta actually had Asian flavours from the Soy so it went quite well.  Apart from the fact that I had forgotten the garlic, an important ingredient for both dishes, it went quite well. 

Tempeh, I have never had it before and I was dying to try it...not a big fan, firstly needed to be shallow fried, and most recipes called for this.  With my battle of the bulge eating this all the time would be disastrous to say the least.  I don't like the texture of it either, I am not even sure how I would describe it and I am not sure that it had anything to do with the way I cooked it, which was with chilli and Ketcup Manis.  But...verdict from both Vegan Wife and Vego Husband...boo to Tempeh.

All in all it was a good dinner, I was going to serve it with a green salad but I couldn't be bothered and dessert was a 5 minute chocolate chip bowl cake...adapted from the Mug cake recipe!!!
Just look at that gooey, yummy thing!!!!! MMMmmmmm...must get myself on the treadmill!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment