Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vegans are cool!!!!!

I am excited, yes its been roughly 6 weeks now that I have gone vegan and I am absolutely loving it. I love that I now don’t have that nagging little voice telling me that I needed to do it, I love that it make me feel good and best of all, cutting out all crap…I have even managed to shed a couple of kilos.

Something that struck me when I turned vegan was that I was almost apologetic about it, like having to explain myself, like what I was doing needed to be justified in some ways. I was actually taken aback by the change, I’ve always been a very proud vegetarian, and defended, boasted and even flaunted my vegetarianism. To make this change and almost feel ashamed that I have made it had me wondering “why”. I put it down to the fact that I was being an inconvenience and thinking that people thought I was boring.

So, in celebration of my 6 weeks I will also celebrate my liberation, I will not be apologetic anymore, that's fine, I'll bring a dish to dinner.  I will not be ashamed, I am actually making a difference, and finally I will not laugh with embarrassment when I am asked "so what do you eat" or I get "the nuts were living till you ate them" jokes.
Vegans are as cool as they come!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment