Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chocolate Tart... the most delicious thing I have ever eaten!!!!!



 
On the weekend I made this chocolate tart, I was a bit suspicious, how can tofu be used in a dessert and taste good...but I wanted to try it anyway...I had BIL and SIL over for do it yourself Burgers and sweet potato chips, they were going to be my test subjects.

So here goes:

Ingredients:

3 packets of oreos
1/4 cup Nuttlex
500 g silken
500 g non dairy choc chips
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Blend the Oreos until they are just crumbs.  Combine crumbs with melted butter and line a pie tin with the crumbs to form a pie crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then remove and allow to cool completely.
2. Blend your tofu and vanilla until creamy.

3. Melt your chocolate chips. Add the melted chocolate to the tofu mixture and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the (cool) pie crust, spread evenly and put it in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.

I promise you this is the best thing you have ever put in your mouth...so delish!!!! A word of warning though...it is rich, I would suggest small pieces, even Markus could not finish a whole piece.  But if you want to make an impression...this is it!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment