Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Itchy feet

Urrgghhhh I've had such itchy feet the last couple of months, reminds me of my days in Chennai when all I wanted was green lawns, colder weather and inexpensive Internet.  Four months in Perth and I have gone back to craving all of the above (for the exception of the internet!!!), but moving back to Melbourne, as appealing as it may sound at the moment, is not what I want.

I have never travelled, never...in the 7 something years Markus and I have been together, the only "travelling" we have done is to Perth and back.  My claim to fame is my short stint in Dubai after I finishing Uni, in saying that travelling is not what I want to do.  I don't want to go to a city/country visit and have to come back to the same grind I left behind.  I feel the need to be somewhere new, to live somewhere new, to be away from here, just Markus and myself.  Even writing this makes me choke up with emotion.  I feel the need for adventure, to figure out which bus is going to take us to the city, to live in an apartment again in a bustling centre.

Anywhere in Europe will do me.  I mean...anywhere!!!!! Give me a one bedroom apartment in the city with a waitressing job and I think I will be in heaven.  I want to hang out with unpretentious people and talk politics in a smokey pub drinking cheap beer.  I want to drive by the countryside and see nothing but green fields for miles and miles.  Stimulation....that's it....I need stimulation....

When I was younger I read the book Heidi by Johanna Spyri over and over again.  I was so envious of little Heidi who got to sleep on hay and had all of the Alps to herself, I didn't mind the gouchy, old grandfather.  She had wide open spaces, flowers, snow and even a goat. 

Siggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day some day soon.......


3 comments:

  1. I think you'd absolutely love Switzerland. The cities are a bit small, provincial and quiet, but the scenery is awesome.

    And they have the tightest animal welfare protections in the World! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmmm.... yes Switzerland it is!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading about it now, unless your a EU citizen its close to impossible :(

    ReplyDelete